> The mail must be handled by a second separately configured smtp(8)
> delivery agent, and therefore, must be placed in a separate queue,
> which requires a separate instance.  If the message were handed off
> to the same queue-manager it would loop.

Ah.  And, not surprisingly, when I tried to solve my problem using an
alternative smtp in my master.cf, it did precisely that -- the second
smtp threw the message back into the queue, and my one-and-only Postfix
dutifully pulled it out of the queue and processed it all over again
from scratch, leading to a loop.

So I assume there's no way to tag messages in a single Postfix queue
with some sort of "already processed once -- let the secondary smtp
agent take care of this one" marker?  Instead, doing this requires a
separate Postfix instance (with its own separate queue)?

Rich Wales
ri...@richw.org