On 05/18/2011 08:15 PM, evilgh...@packetmail.net wrote:

On 05/18/11 13:02, Wietse Venema wrote:
The Postfix documentation only describes the features that are
implemented. Therefore if you can't find something then you can
safely assume that it is not supported.
Dr. Venema, thank you for your reply.  As IPv6 adoption is increased I can
certainly see a need to segregate an IPv6 relayhost and an IPv4 relayhost,
especially in configurations of internal cascaded MTAs acting as egress content
inspectors (which may not be IPv6 enabled due to technical or implementation
reasons).

Perhaps if it is deemed valuable to other Postfix users this feature could be
considered for inclusion in future branches.  It would be valuable to not have
an IPv4 defined relayhost being enforced/utilized for IPv6 capable traffic.

Consider why you have set a global relayhost; apparently, you want ALL mail delivered via this one host. "I also want mail that CAN be delivered over ipv6, to be delivered over ipv6" sounds like a conflicting requirement.

If this relayhost has both A and AAAA records, the useful one would be chosen when delivering ipv[46].

--
J.