On 05/31/2011 01:00 AM, an...@melted-ice.co.uk wrote:
Hi,
I have a problem trying to work out a postfix solution.
I have 2 smtp servers:
    Mail gateway "VSgate1" for MX, Spam, Virus
    Mail server "Postfix1" for general mail processing and storage.

my aim is to achieve the following
1. receive all mail through gateway mail server "VSgate1".
2. "VSgate1" delivers all successful mail to postfix server "Postfix1" and
process internally.
3. from postfix server "Postfix1" send ALL mail to "VSgate1" for washing
4. "VSgate1" delivers internal as per 2.
5. "VSgate1" delivers external mail to internet

My question is can anyone point me in the right direction to solve the traffic
flow with out causing a mail loop between the 2 servers.

No.

You are deliberately creating a loop.
Mail will forever loop between 2. and 4. above.

I already can do item 1. but cannot work out the rest.

Why do you need to do this ?
It looks very unnecessary.

Start here: http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html

--