Things a beginning to become clearer to me, bit by bit.  Please bear with as I
not an expert or well versed in postfix.

Yes, vmailbox contains a set of address (to address) mappings.  They are
actually a combination of virtual mailbox locations as well as email addresses
of users where the email is located elsewhere in different entities and
different domains (e.g.  tis...@dnps.com [to be forwarded] to
isl...@gmail.com].  I realize that the latter should not be listed in the
vmailbox(.db) table.  If need to do both then, do I need to include a
virtual_alias_maps, AND a virtual_mailbox_maps?

Lastly, I really do not understand the parameters you have laid out as the
following:

default_database_type = hash
        virtual_mailbox_maps = ${indexed}vmailbox

I think the last statement/parameter simply says that I'm using virtual mailbox
maps and its location, correct?  Not sure about the preceding two parameters.

Could you please explain it to me (break it down) or point to an example?
Thanks again.

Towhid Islam