On 23/6/2011 6:11 μμ, Victor Duchovni wrote:

However, if none of the above is useful, you can I believe use:
        -d ${user:no-such-user}

this may not be documented in the pipe(8) manual page, if sothink this
is a rare documentation oversight. Almost universally, undocumented
Postfix behaviour is not a "hidden" feature, but rather an implementation
artifact, that is subject to change.

Thanks Victor,

For the time being, I have added:

   reject_unknown_recipient_domain, reject_unverified_recipient

to smtpd_recipient_restrictions and I'll see how it goes. My first tests are successful, but I might try your suggestion too.

What does

   ${user:no-such-user}

exactly do?

Nick