On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 01:00:50PM -0700, Kendall Shaw wrote:

>   RCPT TO:<kshaw@localhost>
>
> In the log, messages about delivery for that message look like:
>
> ... postfix/qmgr[9145]: 41B0F692043: from=<bl...@blarg.bl>,
>     size=2763, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
>
> ... postfix/local[7649]: 41B0F692043:
>     to=<kshaw@localhost.localdomain>, orig_to=<kshaw@localhost>,
>     relay=local, delay=0.21, delays=0.21/0/0/0, dsn=2.0.0,
>     status=sent (delivered to maildir)

This recipient is handed off to the local(8) transport, because
the recipient domain is listed in mydestination.

> when I am wanting it to be delivered over LMTP.

Rewrite the recipient to a domain that is not handled by local(8),
or change the address-class of the "localhost.localdomain" domain.

> Is postfix using local delivery because RCPT TO was kshaw@localhost?

Yes, per the address-class of the domain, and related settings.

> Or, if that is normal, what do I need to do aside from setting
> virtual_transport as I have?

This only applies to virtual_mailbox_domains.

--
        Viktor.