On 8/18/2011 9:13 AM, Carlos Mennens wrote:
On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 9:02 AM, Matt Hayes<domin...@slackadelic.com>  wrote:
Carlos,

This is a direct quote from a bot running in #postfix on freenode:

Port 587 is submission, for user submission of mail, NOT suitable for mail
exchange. See the commented example in master.cf. also
                      see !msa, and rfc 2476 and 4409. Also read
http://www.maawg.org/sites/maawg/files/news/MAAWG_Port25rec0511.pdf

Also have a look at:

http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html

Thanks! So I would need to modify my 'master.cf' to activly support
client to server communication via port 587, correct?

Essentially yes. The SASL readme is a good read as well as the example already contained within master.cf

-Matt