One customer of ours wants to send research reports to all his partners "instantly" after the data is available. Our custom application generates the mail files with the attachments. ( personalized per recipient ) These files are then read by an independent daemon and sent to postfix smtpd with multiple connections

The biggest bottleneck to this system is the disk I/O. ( 15k rpm SAS drives ) To avoid the double write to disk can I write to postfix queue directly using some postfix library

I dont want to make smtpd connections in the app because that slows down the app significantly , and also this is a serialized process.
So sending mails serially slows down the general delivery

Thanks
Ram