On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 11:26:48AM -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> >        msg_warn("%s: create file %s: %m", myname, STR(temp_path));
> >
> >Are the "create file" warnings found in the system log?
>
> Yes:
>
> Mar 22 19:24:52 domain postfix/postdrop[3624]: warning:
> mail_queue_enter: create file maildrop/976917.3624: No such file or
> directory
>
> for example.

So, most likely the "maildrop" directory is no longer present, or the
queue directory itself has been moved, unmounted, ... The postdrop(1)
process performs a chdir(2) to the queue_directory, so if that is
replaced, it won't find a maildrop sub-directory...

> However, what is odd about this is we have postfix explicitly use a
> queue directory that is always present
> (/opt/zimbra/data/postfix/spool/), so it shouldn't be encountering
> any errors creating a file. :/

This claim looks implausible, or main.cf was briefly modified to cause
postdrop(1) to use the wrong directory, ...

Make sure you are checking the correct instance (generally the default
one with sendmail/postdrop).

--
        Viktor.