On Mon, 19 Sep 2011, Marek Salwerowicz wrote:

Hi all,

I am new to Postfix-users mailing list so would like to say hello to everyone ;)

I am wondering what rbl's are you using to prevent your MTAs against spam?
My current config is as follows:

reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org,
reject_rbl_client t1.dnsbl.net.au,
reject_rbl_client dnsbl.njabl.org,
reject_rbl_client sbl.spamhaus.org,
reject_rbl_client cbl.abuseat.org,
reject_rbl_client dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net,
reject_rbl_client psbl.surriel.com,
reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net,

Since one month I have benn receiveing more spam so I started thinking about
adding other (if there are any) rbl's - what do you suggest?

Regards,

--
Marek Salwerowicz

For starters, try to avoid exclusively use of rbl to block spam, rbl's does not solve any problems. Spammers have the ability to change their habits, and they will try even harder when thier connection are blocked. Second of all sbl.spamhaus.org and cbl.abuseat.org query the same list, You should use only one of them, consider using sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org instead. What to choose is entirely up to you, and what works best for you. There are plenty of statistics that can be used as a base for your choice. However Barracudacentral.org is a good list.

Regards,

Andraes