On 10/13/2011 03:09 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 13.10.2011 14:04, schrieb Tolga:

Yes, it's a client connection. So, bottom line is, I need both 25 *and* 587 if
this is an MX.
If yes, I'm trying for days for nothing.
is this your first mailserver?
No, it's not my first mailserver, but I have lost my previous configuration.
587 is for ATHENTICATED smtp-submission and should be active because more and
more ISP's are blocking outgoing port 25 in their customer-ranges - so yes
it was correct to enable submission, but you did only half of the job

the question "if i need both" cares me a little bit because logically a foreign
mailserver has a MX record for you and will always use 25 because he will not
How can I find out which mailserver has MX for me?
do a port-scan to guess where you are ereceiving mails and even if he would
he did not use 587 because it is usually only authenticated and for CUSTOMERS
to send their messages and needs much less restrictions like greylisting and
so on because it can only be used authenticated

so i finally understand not what you really trying for days