On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 5:31 PM, Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:
> Your post suggests that Postfix supports stored procedures that
> return a single result (not a set).

That's Stored Functions, not Stored Procedures. But, yes.

>  That may be a nice workaround.

Atm it looks like the StoredFunc approach is *always* returning a
valid result.  Not useful.

Alos, not sure if it's my query, or what Postfix does with the result.

Needs more work.

> Support for multiple result sets may be useful (whether from stored
> procedure or multiple queries). I can't say, because I don't use
> DBMSes with Postfix, and I don't have time to find out.  If someone
> wants to make a contribution, my previous email has all the pointers
> to find out what it would take.

Appreciated.  Others on the list clearly have interest.  Hope they'll chime in.

Rich