On 12/08/2011 05:18 PM, Grant wrote:

I've boiled my config down to this.  It is functional and I think it
is secure and that it rejects any attempt to send messages from
outside mynetworks unless authenticated.  Am I correct?  Please
consider all other directives to be default.

You're fine.

If you want to be better than fine, you can implement Noel's suggestion: it forces STARTTLS and auth only when the client is not localhost. Since SquirrelMail is localhost, it can send without STARTTLS/auth.

The result is that all of your outgoing mail can arrive on 587, which is nice when you have a lot of different restrictions for incoming/outgoing mail.