On 12/9/2011 10:15 AM, Grant wrote:

>>> You should also have:
>>>
>>> smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt
>>>
>>> for the submission service...
>>>

>> Normally yes, but OP is using submission for unencrypted,
>> unauthenticated local mail.
>>
>> I also suggested he explicitly set -o smtpd_tls_auth_only=yes and
>> add reject_plaintext_session, but apparently he knows better.
>
> Alright, I thought my config rendered those unnecessary/redundant, but
> apparently not?
>
> - Grant

I carefully chose all those options to make submission as secure as
possible while still allowing ONLY localhost to submit
unencrypted/unauthenticated mail.

The options I suggested are not all required, but all are included
for a reason -- either because they enhance security or because they
protect you from accidents in main.cf.

You are, of course, free to configure your server any way you
please.  But it's rather annoying when you ask for expert advice and
then announce you'll do something different.  Repeatedly.

  -- Noel Jones