On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 12:36 PM, Gary Smith <gary.sm...@holdstead.com> wrote:
>> Am 03.01.2012 18:30, schrieb Stan Hoeppner:
>>
>> > To add to this sentiment, haven't most/all the viri/malware pushers
>> > switched from an email delivery vector to drive-by downloads?  I can't
>> > recall the last time I saw a viral email attachment.
>>
>> our barracuda saw 2929 in the last year
>>
>> compared with 14 Mio blocked spam-mails not much but one that hits you may
>> be enough for a hughe damage
>

> Reindl,
>
> Yeah, looking at what you had wrote made me think that maybe I should go back
> and check my logs.  It's been a while.  I have some scripts in place that
> scan the logs daily looking for trends but I haven't looked at them in a
> while (since the volume never hit my threshold of 50/day in over a year).
> Anyway, got 2 this year with a couple hundred or so remaining email accounts.
>
> Jan  3 21:30:00 hsfremti01 clamsmtpd: 112A51: from=accou...@intl1.payple.com,
> to=bill@*.com, status=VIRUS:Email.Phishing.Pay-44
> Jan  4 06:41:19 hsfremti01 clamsmtpd: 112C08: from=anonym...@delta.tap.net,
> to=sue@*.com, status=VIRUS:Email.Trojan-290
>
> I use spamassassin (2002), clamav (2004), and sqlgrey (2006).  The spam
> filtering seems to drop the % of email to a ridiculously low level so what's
> left was always real simple to scan.
>
> Anyway, thought I'd give you my feedback on what you're seeing for
> spam/viruses as well.

We have about 5000 users.  In use: postfix 2.8 with postscreen, sqlgrey,
nolisting, amavisd-new, and clamav.  RBLs: mail-abuse.com (costs money),
zen.spamhaus.org (the last check, to keep their volume down)

Here are some stats so far from today, which is about 1/3 of the 24 hour totals:

Jan 4
Connect: 11661
Delivered: 8094
Reject total:   18525
Reject spamhaus:   172
Reject MAPS RBL+:   12453
Reject Reverse DNS:   1060
Reject address or overquota:   2293
Early Hangup:   6296
Pregreeted:   4239
Greylisted:   1361
Tagged:   1086
Quarantined:   870
Infected: 12

On some days there are hundreds of malware delivery attempts, but this
can include phishing attachments.