A. Abd-Allah:
> Dr. Wietse,
>
> Thank you for your valuable time, not just for this question, but
> for the entire postfix product.
>
> If I understood you correctly, increasing the hop count limit may
> help in this case. I only see 1 or 2 headers that are being added,
> but I am not sure. I can try changing the limit and then seeing
> the effect.

The hop-count limit is reached in the REMOTE mail server.

There are two possibilities:

- The failing message already has lots of Received: headers (which
is something that you may be able to fix by removing some or all).

- The REMOTE mail server has an unreasonably-low hop-count limit
(which is something that only the remote system adminstrator can
fix).

        Wietse