Wietse Venema:
> Robert Fitzpatrick:
> > On 2/24/2012 2:44 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
> > > Robert Fitzpatrick:

> > > If you don't save the probe result, then the result is thrown away.
> > > Telepathic computing is not yet commercially available.
> > >

> > Thanks, yes, I understand why it is doing AV. What I don't understand is
> > how come another message to the same recipient around the same time gets
> > delivered to localhost for scanning.
>
> Your configuration throws away negative probe results.
> Therefore, negative probe results never block mail.

Additionally, when a previous probe result is cached, Postfix will
attempt to refresh that before it expires. The purpose is to avoid
delays that are visible to the SMTP client.

There is also is some logic to prevent a negative probe result from
replacing a positive result. This is needed because Postfix will
try to refresh a probe result before it expires.