On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 12:42:16PM +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 17.04.2012 12:38, schrieb Henrik K:
> > On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 12:12:53PM +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
> >> how do you act with us as example?
> >> you are sending a message to me to MX "barracuda.thelounge.net"
> >> well, you whitelist "barracuda.thelounge.net"
> >> but you will never receive any message from our spamfirewall
> >>
> >> this is a typical business case
> >
> > Stop spreading stupid FUD. It works in _majority_ of cases.
> >
> > If you don't understand what benefits such whitelisting achieves, then just
> > be silent and don't use it.
>
> the majority has outgoing and incoming on the same IP?
> in which world are you living?

Statistics speak for themselves. Come back with hard facts instead of
your FUD.

> i don't use it BECAUSE i understand the non-benefits

Non-benefits? Like wasting few bytes of memory for keeping
"barracuda.thelounge.net" in database even if it never matches?  I guess if
you are very short on memory then yes..  otherwise I don't understand what
you example has anything to do with anything.