Hi Noel,

The email from gmail.com in my example log comes in on port 25 - the 1st line in master.cf. If I leave the "-o content_filter=lmtp:unix:/tmp/dspam.sock" in instead of removing it, then authenticating users who choose to use port 25 in their email clients will also go through dspam as well as non-authenticating users. That is why I need to have this:

main.cf
---------
smtpd_client_restrictions =
permit_mynetworks,
permit_sasl_authenticated,
check_client_access pcre:/etc/postfix/dspam_filter_access

so that authenticating clients bypass the content filter (regardless if they use ports 25 or 587) and non-authenticating clients get caught by the check_client_access line at the end, which puts them through dspam, but _unfortunately_ before queue.

Cheers,
Chris