Dear

We are facing an problem that we cannot resolve...
Our main goal is to implement a load-balancer in front of Postfix (HaProxy).
We have made a discuss with HaProxy founder in order to implement the XCLIENT protcol but this is difficult for him to implement such protocol.

In other way it seems that PostScreen is not really compatible with the proxy protocol.

src/postscreen/postscreen.c :

/* BUGS
/*      The \fBpostscreen\fR(8) built-in SMTP protocol engine
/*      currently does not announce support for AUTH, XCLIENT or
/*      XFORWARD.
/*      Support for AUTH may be added in the future.

In fact we need to Postfix be compatible with Proxy protocol in order to store
the IP address at each ends of the socket in the VSTREAM descriptor.
With this way, an other handler, before PostScreen should get the IP/Port.

We asking if there is a way to implement a load-balancer such as HaProxy or
Crossroads without loosing IP addresses sources in order to make PostScreen
available or any blacklisting feature..

Best regards.