Am 03.07.2012 14:48, schrieb Dentzer:

> [...]

one thing is RFC and the other one how useable is a address
in the real life

* register forms with breaking validation
* other servers / relays / mail-filters

yes, in case of problems you can say XYZ is violating the RFC
but this does not help the user much

that is why we are restricting e-mail to a-z,0-9 and -