On 7/8/2012 3:20 PM, Christopher J. Ruwe wrote:

> Jul  8 22:09:28 mail postfix/local[1999]: 144761410:
> to=<test@muellerbackwaren.local>, relay=local, delay=0.97,
> delays=0.54/0.03/0/0.4, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (unknown user: "test")

By default, for local delivery, Postfix looks up user names in the
system database.  It won't query your virtual database.  You've not
added a UNIX system account nor alias of "test".  This is why this fails.

> That is were I was before.  How can I, without having a named to
> nameserve proper domains, change main.cf  to reflect that I am, in fact,
> catering mail for muellerbackwaren.local as $mydomain?

When specifying $mydomain you are specifying local delivery, hence
"postfix/local" above.  The solution should be as simple as:

1.  Creating local system users, or simply not using $mydomain, and
sticking with all virtual delivery

2.  If you must use $mydomain, tell Postfix that local deliveries are
supposed to go to Dovecot by adding to main.cf:

mailbox_command = /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver

Your paths to commands may be slightly different as you're using FreeBSD
and I'm using Debian Linux.  I use local delivery to system users, no
virtual domains/users, and this is exactly how my system is setup.  With
the exception that my local domain has a valid MX record.  I'm unclear
as to why you're using the non-routable domain muellerbackwaren.local,
but as long as some system can relay mail to this box for those
addresses, it should work.

--
Stan