On 25/07/2012 23:00, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

On 7/25/2012 8:02 AM, Tom Kinghorn wrote:

I am trying to gets stats so that I can tweak:

smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit
smtpd_client_message_rate_limit
smtpd_client_recipient_rate_limit

Or you could use postfwd.  But in practice I don't see what the
difference would be.  Either way you're denying a client's connection
attempts.  And since anvil is part of Postfix, and in machine code,
whereas postfwd is a perl policy daemon, it's must faster and more
efficient.

Others have very recently used smtpd_client_connection_count_limit
successfully to keep legit bulk senders from hammering their queues.
See the archives for the last few months.

Many thanks to those who replied.

I understand now.

Regards
Tom