* Larry Stone <lston...@stonejongleux.com>:

> It answers it the way I am interpreting the first question which "how
> do you unsu*sc*ibe?". Perhaps the question you're asking is not clear
> to us. The language you are using is a bit awkward. What do you mean by
> "turn off the email distributions" if it doesn't mean "unsu*sc*ibe".

With mailman one can deactivate receiving mails but still be a member
(during vacation for example)

> As for the second question, receiving your own post back does an
> adequate job of acknowledging the post. Unless, of course, you mean
> something different when you say "post acknowledgements".

Also something that Mailman does: If a post is held and later released
by an admin, one can receive a "post acknowledgements" (which only
makes sense when you're NOT a member or you disabled receiving mails.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
  Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin