On 11/13/2012 12:21 AM, Alfonso Alejandro Reyes Jiménez wrote:
Hi everyone.

We have 2 postfix servers, one for every email from our company and the other inside our LAN just sending Nagios notifications. The thing is that we need to configure the SMTP authentication in the notifications server to allow relay. We don't want to put the server's IP on mynetworks because we don't really trust on it.

We have all the configuration steps we found on the internet but it is not working, we cant see any authentication attempt on the server.

Any help will be great.

Here's the configuration of the server:

<snipped>

smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes

This concerns smtp(8), the smtp CLIENT.

smtpd_sasl_path = inet:172.16.18.100:12345
smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot

This concerns smtpd(8), the smtp SERVER.

You need to enable SASL auth in the smtpd(8) SERVER.

--
J.