On 11/19/2012 12:51 PM, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
due to some reason my primary DNS (windows 2003) is not giving me an
MX record.

That would be correct. No DNS server would "give" you an MX record of its own accord.

even i have created one manually for my mailserver and
afterwords it points to "A" record of my mailserver

That's normally the way of it.

i think there is
some thing going in side my DNS below is the result of nslookup

Please don't use nslookup for DNS troubleshooting; it has serious issues. Use either dig or host.

with
type=MX

  primary name server = sr-dc.mydomain.com
  responsible mail addr = hostmaster
  serial  = 2286
  refresh = 900 (15 mins)
  retry   = 600 (10 mins)
  expire  = 86400 (1 day)
  default TTL = 3600 (1 hour)

No, that's the SOA.
I suggest you consult the Microsoft documentation for help with their implementation of DNS.

so instead of messing up with 2003 DNS is there anyway to make a cache
record just like we have /etc/hosts for "A" records.

No, that is not possible. However, it doesn't say anywhere that an MX record is mandatory, or required.

Please see the list welcome message about how to effectively ask for help:

J.