Kevin,

On 02/14/2013 09:41 PM, Kevin Blackwell wrote:
> I have 2 mx records. The primary is Exchanges edge server that has it's
> own internal spam filtering. The secondary is poxtfix server relaying
> mail to the edge server as a backup mx record. Are you saying the
> postfix server should be behind the Exchange edge server?

A rule of thumb is that if you must have a backup MX you should have the
same spam defence as on the primary one.
If you can't do that, I suggest you drop the backup MX.

Alternatively you can hide the exchange behind a postfix, but the you
should let postfix do the spam filtering and disable spam filter on the
exchange.

You must now ask you the question why you need a backup MX.

HTH,
Mikael