  From: Bill Cole
  To: postfix-users@postfix.org
  Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 16:00
  Subject: Re: Distributed Postfix

  On 26 Mar 2013, at 6:51, Gaby L wrote:

  > Hi
  > My teoretic question is how configure multiple (distributed) postfix
  > mail servers for one domain,which can load balance tasks? (e.g
  > gmail),but all servers same (unique) users list,alias,rules for one
  > domain?

  As Dr. Venema's answer implies, splitting up functions (especially
  non-Postfix functions) between different sets of machines is the first
  step, as it is easier to distribute limited subsets of work across many
  machines than to replicate everything on every box and keep them all
  coherent.  A corollary of this is that you need to start by
  understanding what your "Postfix mail server" actually is doing.
  Inbound, outbound, and internal mail can be split apart between distinct
  Postfix configurations, while access to delivered mail (i.e. IMAP, POP,
  or webmail) is a non-Postfix function   that is inherently the most
  difficult part of a "mail server" to distribute across many nodes.

  Because large-scale "mail servers" aren't all "large" in the same way,
  how one should split up and replicate functionality between machines is
  dependent on the details of what the whole system is doing.