On 4/11/2013 10:05 AM, Benny Pedersen wrote:
> Geoff Shang skrev den 2013-04-11 16:33:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to strip Received: headers from mail at various parts of
>> our processing, for security reasons.
>>
>> I'm starting with mail that comes in from authenticated clients.  I
>> tried doing the following:
>>
>> master.cf:
>>
>> submission inet n       -       -       -       -       smtpd
>>   -o smtpd_enforce_tls=yes
>>   -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
>>   -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
>>   -o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING
>>   -o header_checks=pcre:/etc/postfix/header_checks
>
> header_checks is incomming on smtpd, but you use submission

No, header_checks are performed on all incoming mail.

As already explained, the problem above is that "-o
header_checks=..." has no effect on smtpd(5).

> so you must change to to smtp_header_checks

smtp_header_checks are performed on outgoing mail during smtp(5)
delivery.

But you're sort of on the right track.  You can use
smtp_header_checks to remove the Received: headers from
authenticated mail before external delivery with something like:
id.*$/  IGNORE

Geoff, please note I've seen some overanxious anti-spam systems that
consider mail with no Received: headers as spam.

  -- Noel Jones