On 4/13/2013 6:45 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
> awingnut:
>> I having some trouble debugging a generic_maps problem. My master.conf
>> contains this:
>>
>> smtp_generic_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/generic
>>
>> /etc/postfix/generic contains this (sanitized):
>>
>> myaddr...@mydomain.com            otheraddr...@mydomain.com
> As documented, this is a Postfix SMTP client feature.
>
>> In the log, when I send email from myaddr...@mydomain.com, I think the
>> significant part is from qmgr (sanitized):
>>
>> Apr  7 08:00:06 dap002 postfix/qmgr[12055]: 8721A1FA85:
>> from=<myaddr...@mydomain.com>, size=5901, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
>>
>> Should not this say otheraddr...@mydomain.com, if generic maps was working?
> This is queue manager logging. qmgr != smtp.
>
> http://www.postfix.org/OVERVIEW.html
> http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html
>
>       Wietse

Thanks. I was hoping qmgr was after smtp so that really tells me nothing
then. I don't see any thing in the log with the string
otheraddr...@mydomain.com. I followed the instructions for generic
mapping but it seems to not be working. Mail is being refused by my ISP
because it is from myaddr...@mydomain.com not otheraddr...@mydomain.com.
I'm running 2.6.6 so I am beyond 2.2. This seems like it should be
pretty simple but obviously I am missing something.