On Apr 30, 2013, at 2:27 PM, Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 30.04.2013 21:20, schrieb Larry Stone:
>> FWIW, I consider Lion (10.7) to be the last version of OS X for which the
>> Apple provided Postfix is usable. For
>> Mountain Lion (10.8), they changed a lot of the default directories but also
>> removed amavisd-new (compatability
>> through OS upgrades apparently is not something Apple thinks has value)
>
> and that is why nobody seriously uses Apple OSX for production servers
>
> been there, seen that crap over years
> never ever i will use any Apple hardware / software for servers
>
> long ago they burried their only server hardware X-serve to
> give a clear public statement that "Apple Inc." formerly
> known as "Apple Compuiters Inc." is no longer interested
> in any professional user and has switched to the customer
> bullshit market

Reindl, I can't say I disagree. But I've been running this server for a good
number of years. It supports four users (all family) for email and I run some
low volume mailing lists (with Mailman). It uses a Macintosh that would be
running here anyway. Buying a "real" Unix system is not going to happen. For
the most part, it just runs. If I reach a point I can no longer run it
effectively, I outsource the mail and drop the mailing lists.

--
Larry Stone
lston...@stonejongleux.com