On 5/30/2013 6:21 PM, Peter wrote:
> On 05/31/2013 03:50 AM, Feel Zhou wrote:
>> I don't think that document is good to fix this problem
>> I want sender address match my customer's domain name
>> If not match ,mean that sender address was fake
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> This is a bad idea, it is very easy for a spammer to spoof your
> customer's sender domain in order to relay mail through your server
> and then your server becomes not much better than an open relay.

No, the client is already authorized by IP.  Adding a sender domain
check is an additional restriction.  This is also a simple "some
trusted IP is sending a bunch of crap" trigger.

> You should look into SASL AUTH, this is a much better way for your
> customers to authenticate to your server for relaying:
> http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html

Good advice, but SASL is not always possible or practical. And
solving this with SASL involves reject_sender_login_mismatch, which
brings its own complications.

> Peter

  -- Noel Jones