On 06/19/2013 05:55 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
On 6/19/2013 10:16 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:
Craig R. Skinner:
On 2013-06-19 Wed 06:51 AM |, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
On 6/19/2013 6:11 AM, Craig R. Skinner wrote:

What happens when you try

mydestination =

That's something I didn't think of trying.

Either blank, or with localhost:

  status=bounced (User unknown in virtual alias table)
This suggests that you had the domain name listed in both mydestination
and in virtual_alias_domains. Now you also need to remove the domain
name from virtual_alias_domains, in order to make that error go away.

Until now Postfix will have logged numerous warnings with "do not
list domain X in both mydestination and virtual_alias_maps" to
remind you of a configuration error. Maybe it should just abort
deliveries, that might get people's attention.

        Wietse
I'm anything but an expert in this particular area of Postfix, but I
think the problem is that Craig is trying to use virtual_alias_maps when
he should probably just be using the local aliases file.  His Postfix
hosts a single mail domain IIUC.  He's simply wanting to create alias
addresses presented to the public for each local UNIX mailbox address.
Additionally he wants to reject any inbound mail destined for the actual
local UNIX addresses, as well as system/role accounts.  These last two
are straightforward.

Indeed they are:

    mydestination = localhost
    virtual_alias_domains = $his_mx_domain(s)

And map every valid recipient to user@localhost.

--
J.