Hi,

The Date field is client side and may be wrong. Generaly mails are not deffered one month so i guess it is a client misconfiguration...

The Received header fields are server side (but can also be modified by filtering application ... as SMTP does not provide any certification of body and headers) so you should trust more Received header. If the system time is wrong, this field will be wrong as postfix use system date and time.

Le 25/08/2013 18:15, Mike Seda a écrit :
Hi All,
I've recently received mail from at least two individuals that contained Received field(s) with dates that significantly differed from that of the Date field. The time difference was approximately 1 month in each case - 1 case was over a month and 1 case was less than a month.

Receiving such emails makes it very hard to follow certain conversations.

One such example looked like this...
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 17:52:46 +0200

What would cause such a thing?

FYI, one of the aforementioned emails contained headers indicating that the outgoing mail server was Postfix - the other indicated that the outgoing mail server was Exim.

I should also add that my domain (that I'm currently receiving mail on) is hosted on Google Apps.

I am very curious to hear your thoughts.

Mike