There are no MTAs that accept submission on UDP, yet, so maybe reserved for
future use?
________________________________
From: Glenn English<mailto:g...@slsware.com>
Sent: ‎29/‎08/‎2013 3:44 PM
To: postfix-users@postfix.org<mailto:postfix-users@postfix.org>
Subject: Re: newbie check Was [Re: port 25 submission settings sanity check]

On Aug 29, 2013, at 2:18 PM, LuKreme wrote:

> $ grep 587 /etc/services
> submission      587/tcp
> submission      587/udp

That's what mine says too. Does Postfix accept UDP submissions?

I looked at RFC6409 (the newest I could find on 587), and all it said was "port
587" -- the protocol isn't mentioned.

--
Glenn English

===[Disclaimer]===
This electronic transmission, including any attachments, is confidential, may
contain privileged information and should be read or retained only by the
intended recipient. If you received this message in error, please delete it
from your system and notify the sender immediately. Any review, dissemination
or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is strictly prohibited.