On 9/1/2013 3:30 PM, Roman Gelfand wrote:
> My mail server is now bound to a public ip A.  The PTR resolves fine
> here.  When ISP from public ip A becomes unavailable, the firewall
> over to a different provider.  Naturally, the mail server will now be
> bound to a public ip B.  What do I do if I want correct PTR querry
> response?
>
> Thanks in advance

Just give each IP its own unique PTR, make sure each hostname points
back to the proper A record.

A.A.A.A   PTR  mailA.example.com
B.B.B.B   PTR  mailB.example.com

mailA.example.com  A  A.A.A.A
mailB.example.com  A  B.B.B.B

If you want your HELO to be consistent regardless of which IP is
used, use a separate hostname that points to both A records.

mail.example.com  A  A.A.A.A
mail.example.com  A  B.B.B.B

  -- Noel Jones