On 09/02/2013 10:56 PM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
Hey,

I have a situation with a working postfix install which I am not sure
how to implement.

You're not sure how to implement... a working situation ?

the main problem is that from time to time I get a "rejected" mail from
a remote system and which I cannot do a thing about.

What kind of mail ? What system ? What does the log say ?
Any information would help, here - but you're providing nothing.

the setup is like this:
Local client(sasl) ->(submission 587)Local POSTFIX

the local postfix hosts one\two virtual domains.

the postfix uses an amavisd-new for mail filtering.
The setup works fine and the local POSTFIX is setup with:
smtp sasl auth using a relayhost.
I have a faileover relayhost in postfix but I want another thing.

I want to define that all local\virtual domains will be delivered to the
dovecot mailer.

There is no "dovecot mailer"; dovecot is an IMAP/LMTP server.
The way to deliver *virtual* domains to dovecot is to use dovecot as your *virtual* transport. Local domains won't be distinguished from one another; use virtual domains for that.

and specific outgoing domains will be relayed using specific relay
servers

That's what transport(5) is for.

the current postfix config is:
# cat main.cf |grep -v ^#|grep -v '^$'

Configuration should be shared by providing the output of "postconf -nf".
The list welcome message contains clear instructions on how to ask for help.

the master.cf is:
# cat master.cf

THIS is where excluding comments would actually help, although for modern versions (2.9+) there is postconf -Mf.

Thanks in advance,

Did you ask any other question than the one about transport(5) I answered above ?
If so, I am afraid it was lost in the noise.

--
J.