On 11/09/2013 12:23, Zel Uneec wrote:
Hello everyone!

I need your help setting up postfix.

This is my problem/question: I have multiple domains on my mail server
running postfix (adn dovecot), with LDAP based user accounts. When
someone "from outside" (that is: not from my domains) sends mail to a
user that does not exist, he gets a bounce message that the given mail
account/user does not exist on server. But, when someone "from inside"
(from one of my domains) tries to send mail to non existing user, he is
not able to send e-mail, and mail clients give him reject code (some
with explanation that account/user does not exist, some with no
explanation).

What I want to do is to set postfix to let those "inside" mails pass
too, and then recive bounce mail with note that user does not exist
(that is, the same behavior as when someone from outside sends mail to
non existing user).

It might help if you explained why you want to do this. What particular problem is being caused by your internal users getting an error message instead of a bounce?

As a general rule, sending a bounce is a last resort, something that you do when you can't reject a message. That's how the system is designed to work, and sending a bounce when you don't need to is generally considered bad practice.

Mark
--
My blog: http://mark.goodge.co.uk