Am 05.12.2013 15:26, schrieb Roman Gelfand:
> I am not sure I understand.  I am sending out email from postfix.
> Postfix looks up the target domain mx record.  Are you saying the
> domain the target domain's dns server varies response based on query
> source ip address?

the dns root ( which is the dot ) has no A record
so there is no place to send to, so the lookup results in error
which kind of error may differ and relate to software/version/lookup
failure code etc

additional there is a rfc draft

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-delany-nullmx-00

The NULL MX Resource Record

To indicate that a domain never accepts email, it advertises a
solitary MX RR with a RDATA section consisting of an arbitrary
preference number 0, and a dot terminated null string as the mail
exchanger domain, to denote that there exists no mail exchanger for a
domain.

hope i am right here, perhaps gurus may give better or additional help

> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 1:34 AM, Robert Schetterer <r...@sys4.de> wrote:
>> Am 05.12.2013 03:12, schrieb Roman Gelfand:
>>> Supposedly, the recipients are getting their emails from other
>>> senders.  However, when sending email from postfix,  I get mx
>>> malformed bounce.
>>>
>>> I did a dig on mx record for that domain and got...
>>>
>>> enlglobal.com.          300     IN      MX      0 .
>>>
>>> Is this legit?  If yes, what is the mail server? what do I need to do
>>> for postfix to recognize it?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>

>> as far i remember...
>> normally this is a trick from the domain owner ,to say no mail for that
>> domain ( avoid typos etc ), if postfix did an error everything is fine,
>> you dont need to do anything, if you like mail from that domain  dns
>> record should be changed
>>

>> Best Regards
>> MfG Robert Schetterer
>>
>> --
>> [*] sys4 AG
>>
>> http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
>> Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München
>>
>> Sitz der Gesellschaft: München, Amtsgericht München: HRB 199263
>> Vorstand: Patrick Ben Koetter, Axel von der Ohe, Marc Schiffbauer
>> Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Florian Kirstein

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer