On 12/06/2013 08:19 AM, Andreas Kasenides wrote:
Thank you for the reply.

On 05-12-2013 15:26, Charles Marcus wrote:
On 2013-12-05 7:50 AM, Andreas Kasenides <andr...@cymail.eu> wrote:

smtpd_client_restrictions =
    permit_mynetworks
    permit_sasl_authenticated
    reject_unknown_client
    permit

Obviously this rejects any requests where the DNS (forward or
reverse) fails.

I am under increasing pressure to change this apparently because
other email admins
have their mail servers misconfigured resulting in "lost" emails. I
believe this is
in violation of RFC 5321 but correct me if I am wrong.

 Do not use reject_unknown_client_hostname (I presume this is what you
meant)...

The config is exactly as above and the system is <2.3 when some params had a slightly
different name.

Current postfix versions all support reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname.

Please upgrade to something that's not abandoned.

--
J.