I have a server with virtual_alias_domains and virtual_alias_maps. Aside from the required administrative aliases, I do not need to accept mail addressed to the server's hostname.

Now I would like to add Majordomo lists to a couple of my virtual domains. From the Majordomo HowTo linked Postfix site we have:

   test:           "|/var/majordomo/resend -l test test-list"
   test-list:      :include:/var/majordomo/lists/test
   test-request:   "|/var/majordomo/request-answer test"
   test-approval:  owner-test
   test-owner:     owner-test
   owner-test:     jon

In my case, this would be layered below the virtual aliases:

   test@my.virtual.domain: test-my-virtual-domain

with the local aliases becoming:

   test-my-virtual-domain:       "|/var/majordomo/resend -l test
test-my-virtual-domain-list"
   test-my-virtual-domain-list:  :include:/var/majordomo/lists/test

My concern is that while test@my.virtual.domain is moderated (within the resend command), anyone could send mail to test-my-virtual-domain-list@mymailserver and completely bypass the moderation. So I would like to require that mail to test-my-virtual-domain-list originates on the local machine while mail to test-my-virtual-domain remains open. Is that possible? Is there some reason why I don't need to worry about this?