> however, configure your applications to use port 587 and close 25
> on 127.0.0.1 may be the easier way to achieve the goal which is
> no problem with iptables

excellent solution! thanks :-)

> if it is pickup than disable "mail" and a lot of other dangerous PHP
> functions

in php.ini I've "only" these:

disable_functions =
phpinfo,exec,shell_exec,pcntl_alarm,pcntl_fork,pcntl_waitpid,pcntl_wait,pcntl_wifexited,pcntl_wifstopped,pcntl_wifsignaled,pcntl_wexitstatus,pcntl_wtermsig,pcntl_wstopsig,pcntl_signal,pcntl_signal_dispatch,pcntl_get_last_error,pcntl_strerror,pcntl_sigprocmask,pcntl_sigwaitinfo,pcntl_sigtimedwait,pcntl_exec,pcntl_getpriority,pcntl_setpriority,system,proc_open,popen,curl_exec,curl_multi_exec,parse_ini_file,show_source

so I'll add yours! Is there a complete index of functions that I can check
if allow or deny?

Many thanks for help!

Pol