On 2/28/2014 5:16 AM, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
> On Thu 27/Feb/2014 15:00:31 +0100 Wietse Venema wrote:
>> Besides USING Postfix source code, there are other options:
>>
>> - Write a tool that TRANSFORMS fqrdns.pcre.txt so that it can be
>>   used by a different mail system. That would immediately make
>>   fqrdns.pcre.txt useful for a lot more people.
>
> Hmm... the common ground is looking up RBLs.  A quite daunting target.

Maybe not.  It's already been done, 5+ years ago:

http://www.corpit.ru/pipermail/rbldnsd/2009q3/001036.html

AFAICT the patch was never accepted into vanilla rbldnsd.  However,
Enemies List still uses it to this day on their commercial rbldnsd
mirrors.  The EL implementation does extensive classification and is
probably more complex than the generic regex implementation I'd guess
you'd be considering.  Simply reading the rbldnsd patch linked in the
list archive post above may give you a big head start.

More information available at:
http://enemieslist.com/

I don't know if Steven wrote the rbldnsd patch or not but he's the EL
lead and project creator.  I might be able to get you in touch with him
if you hit any serious roadblocks, should you decide to embark on this.

--
Stan