Am 13.03.2014 21:08, schrieb Pol Hallen:
>> There's evidence that some spammers reverse-sort MX records,
>> intentionally sending to the backup MX first.  Consequently, the
>> backup MX /must/ have anti-spam controls identical to the primary.
>>
>> But consider if you truly need a backup MX. Most folks have dropped
>> them because they're spam magnets, and reliability has increased
>> such that extended down time is unusual.  Nearly all legit mail
>> servers will retry delivery for several days if your MX is down.
>>
>> As a compromise, some folks keep a "hot spare MX" mail server
>> configured as backup MX but with port 25 firewalled off until the
>> primary fails.
>
> hi, thanks for your reply
> I need an mx-backup

says who?

> because my first server could goes down

* a server does not go down regulary
* short network outages are meaningsless for a MX
* if the server crashs monitoring / auto-restart / HA is the way to go
* invest the time you spend or better said waste for a backup MX in HA

how many domains do you have on your server?

we are hosting some hundret business domains on a single
server and only over my dead body i start the burden of
a backup MX with all it's drawbacks

there goes nothing down the last 10 years and network
problems on the ISP side are self healing because
any MTA out there re-tries for 3-5 days to deliver a
message if the destination is not reachable