just don't switch to top-posting in the middle of a thread

Am 19.03.2014 19:57, schrieb Drew Mazurek:
> Rewriting the envelope sender address at the first hop out of the application
> seems to work best.  Next question:
> is it possible to log what the address was before it gets rewritten?  Our
> mail.log now shows the new bounce
> address, but for debugging purposes, it'd be nice to know what the address
> was before the envelope rewrite.
>
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org
> <mailto:wie...@porcupine.org>> wrote:
>
>     Drew Mazurek:
>     > I have an application that sends and receives email.  I don't want to
> have
>     > it process bounces, though, so I'd like its dedicated Postfix relay to
>     > forward all mailer-daemon messages to me rather than to the application.
>
>     Bounces are sent to the envelope sender address. On the Postfix relay,
>     1) either rewrite the envelope sender address of outbound mail to "you".
>     2) or rewrite the envelope recipient address of inbound mail to "you".
>
>     I suggest doing 2) with virtual_alias_maps

normally you see queue-id's in every log as well as in message headers
und you get them on the smtp client in the servers response that
he has accepted a message too

however, you need to provide your actual log records here from
all invloved hops