Am 20.03.2014 17:01, schrieb mizuki:
> I'm running Postfix-2.6.6 which is the version coming with latest Redhat6 and
> we have firewall in between the
> public network and campus so we have conduits 465 opened for sending emails
> from outside networks. All mail clients
> work fine except the mail clients made by Microsoft such as Windows Live Mail
> & Mail App & Outlook Express &
> Windows Outlook. Most of them can send emails fine from Campus network but
> not from outside (Windows Outlook on Mac
> will fail on both sending from public and campus network), all have the same
> failing msgs in the server log with
> '554 5.7.1 Relay Access Denied'

what about just configure the clients to use smtp-authentication?

maybe some clients default to use smtp-auth with the same credentials
as used for IMAP/POP3 but at the end of the day the admin/user which
configures the client is repsonsible to verify that

> But I do not understand why it will fail on different network

because they are in "mynetworks" as long they are in your network

mynetworks = 120.199.0.0/16, 192.168.0.0/16, 127.0.0.0/8, 10.2.0.0/16
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated