On 28-05-14 17:11, Daniele Nicolodi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this question is not strictly related to Postfix but I don't know
> where else I may find knowledgeable people to ask about the issue.
>
> leboncoin.fr is classifieds website and it offers the possibility
> to answer insertions through a web form that sends an email to the
> insertionist. The form requires to specify the email of the user
> answering and it is used as From: for the sent message to allow
> replies.
>
> My domain implements SPF, and I have a few reports of emails
> generated by the web system and sent to sfr.fr addresses that has
> been refused by the receiving system on the base of the SPF record
> of my domain. Accidentally, leboncoin.fr uses Postfix as mailer,
> and this is an example of the reports generated:
>
>> This is the mail system at host vmailer19.leboncoin.fr.
>>
>> I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be
>> delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.
>>
>> For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>
>>
>> If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete
>> your own text from the attached returned message.
>>
>> The mail system
>>
>> <ndiberna...@neuf.fr>: host smtp-in.neuf.fr[93.17.128.86] said:
>> 554 5.7.1 <dani...@grinta.net>: Sender address rejected:
>> Please%see%http://spf.pobox.com/why.html?sender=daniele%40grinta.net&ip=193.164.196.119&receiver=msfrf2411

: Reason: mechanism (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

>> Reporting-MTA: dns; vmailer19.leboncoin.fr X-Postfix-Queue-ID:
>> 5C8B0B8D55 X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; dani...@grinta.net
>> Arrival-Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 16:02:28 +0200 (CEST)
>>
>> Final-Recipient: rfc822; ndiberna...@neuf.fr Original-Recipient:
>> rfc822;ndiberna...@neuf.fr Action: failed Status: 5.7.1
>> Remote-MTA: dns; smtp-in.neuf.fr Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.7.1
>> <dani...@grinta.net>: Sender address rejected:
>> Please%see%http://spf.pobox.com/why.html?sender=daniele%40grinta.net&ip=193.164.196.119&receiver=msfrf2411

: Reason: mechanism

> Is the problem due to leboncoin.fr getting the mail forwarding
> wrong by using the wrong envelope sender address, or is sfr.fr
> getting SPF wrong by using the From: header sender address to
> verify SPF?
>
> There is anything I can do to help those mail to go through
> correctly?
>
> Thanks. Best regards, Daniele

Hi,
SPF is failing because the website using the email address entered at
the website as the smtp envelope sender.

The proper way to fix this issue is to convince the website owner to
change their mail form. The easy way is to change your SPF record,
like Robert suggested.

Tom