Hi all,

I can reproduce this on a "stock" openBSD 5.6 with default main.cf (except for the smtpd_client_restrictions, of course).

/var/spool/postfix/etc/resolv.conf contains

lookup file bind
nameserver 172.16.161.2

and  /var/spool/postfix/etc/hosts contains

#       $OpenBSD: hosts,v 1.12 2009/03/10 00:42:13 deraadt Exp $
#
# Host Database
#
# RFC 1918 specifies that these networks are "internal".
# 10.0.0.0      10.255.255.255
# 172.16.0.0    172.31.255.255
# 192.168.0.0   192.168.255.255
#
127.0.0.1       localhost
::1             localhost

But NOT on a stock Ubuntu with the same config.

I guess this means that I have to ak openBSD?

cheers
Steven

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- From: Wietse Venema