On Fri, 09 Jan 2015 06:27:44 +0000, m...@ruggedinbox.com stated:

> Hi all, when hardening dovecot against the POODLE vulnerability,
> we followed the advise to disable SSL2 and SSL3
> but this is giving problems with some email clients (claws-mail).
>
> ssl_protocols = !SSLv2 !SSLv3
>
> results in the following error:
>
> dovecot: pop3-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts in 1 secs): user=<>,
> rip=XXX, lip=XXX, TLS handshaking: SSL_accept() failed:
> error:1408A0C1:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:no shared cipher,
> session=<2C8jBjIMmQBVGNd1>
>
> Since our mail stack is based on postfix, can you please suggest a
> better 'ssl_protocols' and 'ssl_cipher_list' configuration ?
> We are running Debian 7 Wheezy

I am running Postfix mail_version = 2.12-20141106 and Dovecot 2.2.15 with
claws-mail 3.11.1 and have ssl_protocols = !SSLv2 !SSLv3 set in the
10-ssl.conf file. Unlike you, I am not experiencing any problems. Your
problem must be in some setting you have configured in claws-mail. You should
really check on their forum for an answer.

--
Jerry