On 20/01/2015 19:48, Wietse Venema wrote:
To answer the question:

man 5 postconf
sender_dependent_relayhost_maps (default: empty)
     This information is overruled with relay_transport,
     sender_dependent_default_transport_maps, default_transport and
     with the transport(5) table.

So that is no good. But there is a solution:

You can override everything with the "FILTER transport:destination"
directive. With Postfix 2.7 and later, you can omit the destination,
so that Postfix will use the recipient domain as destination.

man 5 access

     Note 3: the purpose of the FILTER command is to override message
     routing. To override the recipient's transport but not the
     next-hop destination, specify an empty filter destination
     (Postfix 2.7 and later), or specify a transport:destination
     that delivers through a different Postfix instance (Postfix 2.6
     and earlier). Other options are using the recipient-dependent
     transport_maps or the sender-dependent
     sender_dependent_default_transport_maps features.

The FILTER action takes effect for all recipients of a message.

If a message has multiple FILTER actions, only the last one will
take effect.

        Wietse
Thanks so much for the reply.

I have tried changing the postfwd.cf rule from:

id=RULE-SIZE-RELAY; protocol_state==END-OF-MESSAGE;
sasl_username=~/^tes...@example.com$/ action=FILTER smtp:[127.0.0.1]25;
to:
id=RULE-SIZE-RELAY; protocol_state==END-OF-MESSAGE;
sasl_username=~/^tes...@example.com$/ action=FILTER;
and
id=RULE-SIZE-RELAY; protocol_state==END-OF-MESSAGE;
sasl_username=~/^tes...@example.com$/ action=FILTER smtp;
and
id=RULE-SIZE-RELAY; protocol_state==END-OF-MESSAGE;
sasl_username=~/^tes...@example.com$/ action=FILTER smtp:;
and
id=RULE-SIZE-RELAY; protocol_state==END-OF-MESSAGE;
sasl_username=~/^tes...@example.com$/ action=FILTER smtp:[]25;

but the postfwd log entry shows the message hitting the "id=DEFAULT;
action=dunno" catchall entry at the end.

I am obviously doing something stupid with my next-hop syntax or the whole
rule. I will try again tomorrow morning - it's late here.

Chris Robinson